In Ashmole 6th form we are committed to providing students with careers information, advice and guidance so that students can prepare for higher education or careers.
Students will have an opportunity to be involved in a specialised enrichment programme dedicated to continually developing advice and help for higher education or careers. Career guidance is vital and will equip students with the skills, knowledge and understanding required to ensure their future success in their chosen field.
The programme focusses on providing an in-depth understanding of career paths so that students can make accurate and informed decisions throughout their time in 6th form.
Some of the opportunities we provide include:
- Bespoke Oxbridge programme
- Bespoke Medicine programme for those students who wish to pursue a career in medicine, Density or Veterinary. This includes extensive support with Medicine applications, UKCAT and BMAT examinations
- Lectures from University Admissions tutors
- University trips including Oxbridge
- Personal UCAS mentor
- Higher Education evening with representatives from a number of top universities
- Personal support with Art or Design portfolios
- Work Experience opportunities for those students in Year 12
- Interview skills day
- Interview practice for University
- Inspiring Guest speaker talks
For further advice and guidance on careers
https://nationalcareersservices.direct.co.uk or https://www.fasttomato.com/
Other useful links:
www.ucas.ac.uk/how-it-all-works/explore-your-options/events-and-open-days UCAS open days search tool
www.gov.uk/student-finance (student room also has excellent pages)